Friday, October 10, 2008

The summer is finally over and it is Fall Yall! This is such a beautiful time of year. The colors, the sights and smells. I love the smell of wood burning. Love to step outside and smell that someone is burning their fireplace. I love the smell of hot cinnamon cider, corn mazes and hayrides! It just takes me back. I grew up in Michigan and this time of year is so beautiful there. Here, in E. Tennessee, The mountains are beginning to look like a brightly colored patchwork quilt. There is inspiration all around for painting, it's just having the time. I have been keeping myself busy the past several months teaching art classes. I have taught 2 drawing classes at the Johnson City Senior Center. I have just finished teaching a drawing class at the Jonesborough Senior Center. I teach a decorative painting class every Thursday at 1:30 at the Jonesborough Senior Center. This class is is open to all. The cost is only $5.00 and I supply the paint and project. The class is growing and may soon need to be divided into 2 separate classes as to give more attention to each student. I also teach an acrylic on canvas painting class on Wednesdays. These classes are for 3 weeks, then we take a break until time for the next project. Currently we are painting a cottage. Our next project will be a brightly colored cardinal in a holly bush. I am so thankful to have these classes & for each student. It is so exciting to see them create a project that they thought they couldn't do. Also, just watching their improvement is a real blessing.

No comments: